We are seeking a confident and compassionate advocate to join our team as a Shelter Manager. The Shelter Manager oversees general shelter operations during overnight and weekend hours. This is a full-time position consisting of crisis response services and evening and weekend work. The shifts, duties and overall successful operational function of shelter services are divided between two shelter managers. Weekly shifts are designed to ensure around the clock access to agency service supports while equally ensuring Shelter Manager staff receive adequate relief from campus duties. The on-duty Shelter Manager is required to reside on campus during service hours. Shelter managers are provided a private apartment on site at no cost. This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position with generous benefits.
SHELTER ADVOCATE MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA in human service field or equivalent experience
- Current First-Aid and CPR certification
- Experience in house management for a residential facility preferred
- Knowledge of relationship violence and sexual assault helpful
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Commitment to collaboratively and sensitively work with clients from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, religions and lifestyles.
- Must complete 40-Hour Advocacy Training
- Skill in minor household repairs helpful; must be able to lift 40 pounds safely
- Other qualifications as designated by the Executive Director or the Client Services Director
To submit a resume for consideration or to get more information, please contact: email@example.com
Community Safety Network is a private non-profit whose mission is to support lasting change in the lives of those effected by domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. CSN is an equal opportunity employer.