COMMUNITY SAFETY NETWORK
Join Our Team
We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
Client Services Advocate
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Salary: $55,000-$60,000 annually based on previous experience and applicable skills. Competitive benefits package.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Client Services
The Bilingual Client Service Advocate provides a continuum of services that are individualized, client-centered, trauma informed and voluntary. This continuum of culturally informed services may include emotional support, crisis response, safety planning, shelter intake, legal advocacy and other case management that actively engages the client in their path to living a life free from violence. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with duties estimated for a 37.5-hour work week. Some early evenings and weekend hours will be necessary to meet client case management and staff coverage needs. A collaborative work ethic, inclusivity and humility are crucial elements of this role on the CSN team.
Responsive Support and Safety Planning (75%)
- Provide emotional support to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking through validation, empathy, supportive and active listening, and empowerment.
- Provide crisis intervention through our 24/7 helpline
- Provide comprehensive case management on an empowerment-based model to develop and implement safety and self-sufficiency service plans with survivors. This includes goal development and strategies for successful transition to safety- identifying timelines, services needed and measure outcomes
- Educate callers and clients on the dynamics of power and control in intimate partner relationships as the caller/client assesses their safety and comfort.
- Provide information about and support survivors in accessing relevant resources i.e., Legal service, public benefits, medical care, housing assistance, criminal justice system etc. Maintain effective working relationships with community partners to maximize supports for clients.
- Provide occasional on-call/back up support for peers and part-time staff.
- Execute emergency and crisis response protocols while on CSN campus.
- Provide clear and timely data entry and work documentation for reporting purposes.
- Advance personal competency in supporting CSN clients through internal and external trainings, and continuing education, in cultural competency and victim services, specific to the fields of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Participate in programmatic offerings, community collaborations and events as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Client Services.
Education and experience
- A. with relevant human service sector experience preferred. Applicants that demonstrate affinity for client service work and have related experience will also be considered.
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English is required. The ideal candidate would be fluent or nearly-fluent in Spanish, with a strong grasp of conversational English.
Skills and Abilities
- A collaborative work ethic is crucial to this role. Experience in networking and advocating with other agencies on behalf of individuals and their children is desirable.
- Experience, ability, and willingness to work with clients and staff compassionately and sensitively from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, religions, lifestyles.
- Ability to identify economic, social, cultural, physical, and environmental factors which support or impede family or individual functioning. The capacity to design and implement programming enabling client success.
- Ability to exercise mature and sound judgment in problem-solving and decision making.
- Strong crisis intervention skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under stressful conditions.
- Experience with best practices and environments of multicultural inclusion appreciated.
- Ability and willingness to understand and fully comply with mandatory reporting requirements and laws pertaining to vulnerable adults and children.
- Must complete 40-Hour Advocacy Training
Community Safety Network prioritizes inclusivity for its employees and clients and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job.
Please email a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Interviews anticipated to start in late March.