COMMUNITY SAFETY NETWORK
Join Our Team
We are hiring for:
Advocate and Outreach Coordinator
Status: Part time, non-exempt
Salary: $24,800 annually or $31.79/hr for approximately 15 hours a week
Reports to: Director of Education and Outreach
The Advocate and Outreach Coordinator oversees CSN’s volunteer advocates and CSN’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, cultivating CSN’s connection to community through both volunteers and social media. This role links Community Safety Network volunteer advocates with opportunities to support survivors and work within the greater community to end domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. The Advocate and Outreach Coordinator facilitates an active relationship between the volunteer and the organization through an individualized approach, including streamlined communication methods, personalized goal setting and regular opportunities for skill building and engagement. The Advocate and Outreach Coordinator reports to and works collaboratively with the Director of Education and Outreach. This is a part-time, half remote, at-large position with 50-60 hours of work per month, with some weeks reflecting a lower workload and some weeks reflecting higher; for example, weeks when planning large advocate events might involve longer hours. Excitement for getting to know individuals, what they are passionate about, and cultivating a mutually beneficial, meaningful relationship are crucial elements of this role on the CSN team.
Advocate Education and Engagement (50%)
- Facilitate volunteer engagement for CSN client needs including, but not limited to helpline shifts, support group meal train, court advocacy, and ongoing client programming.
- Stay up to date on current, national domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking training opportunities and facilitate volunteer attendance
- Organize and lead logistics for Advocacy I: Foundations and Advocacy II: Direct Service under the guidance of the Director of Education & Outreach. Co-teach and take the lead as appropriate.
- Recruit volunteers and advertise Advocacy Training.
- Ensure advocates’ compliance with CSN policies, including continuing education requirements.
- Organize advocate gatherings to foster community, connection, wellness, and continuing education
- Support the Director of Education and Outreach’s community programming by promoting advocate assistance.
- Organize advocates in support of political actions as directed by the WCADVSA and the Director of Education.
- Publish monthly advocate engagement newsletter.
- Oversee maintenance of Volgistics Volunteer Logistics software.
- Keep accurate records: collect and organize volunteer paperwork and provide clear and timely data entry.
- Advance personal competency through internal and external trainings, and continuing education, specific to the fields of volunteer engagement, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Participate in programmatic offerings, community collaborations and events as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Education and Outreach
Social Media (25%)
- Manage CSN’s Facebook page and Instagram account, including timely responses to messages and comments
- Work with the Director of Education and Outreach to develop monthly Instagram campaigns to engage advocates, further our community’s understanding of the dynamics of abuse and CSN programming, and educate on survivor support
- Passion for relationship building: the ideal candidate is excited to get to know each volunteer’s individual strengths and interests to create meaningful volunteer engagement.
- Creativity, persistence, and a willingness to brainstorm and try different types of advocate events to test interest and engagement.
- Experience, ability, and willingness to work with clients and staff compassionately and sensitively from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, religions, lifestyles.
- Experience with best practices and environments of multicultural inclusion appreciated.
- Must complete 40-Hour Advocacy Training
Community Safety Network prioritizes inclusivity for its employees and clients and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job.
Please email a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled.