Position Title: Education and Prevention Coordinator
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Community Safety Network is dedicated to gender-based violence prevention, intervention education and community outreach. The Education and Prevention Coordinator will implement evidence-based primary prevention strategies through community collaborations utilizing intersectional and public health approaches. The Education and Prevention Coordinator is responsible to source, implement and/or coordinate curriculum, content and materials for Youth Programming, Adult Programming, CSN Advocate training, and other identified community organizations as needed.
- Market, update and cofacilitate 40-hour Advocacy training which meets state mandated requirements three times per year.
- Manage community education and training, including training law enforcement, therapists, attorney’s and other community professionals.
- Supervision of state continuing education for staff and advocates.
- Research, select (or create) and implement comprehensive prevention curriculum which utilizes best practices and addresses identified protective factors of target population.
- Organize leadership opportunities for young adults to engage in sexual assault and violence prevention work including internship opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationships and presence at schools through prevention/intervention programming and evaluation.
- Strong commitment to social justice, ability to engage in community-based activities and efforts that focus on changing social norms, attitudes and behaviors.
- Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Maintain professionalism, sensitivity, and confidentiality at all times. Attends staff, program and agency meetings as required.
- Support New Thought Media for CSN social media presence
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Implement all responsibilities according to our mission and values
- Complete other duties as collaboratively developed by the Executive Director, Education and Prevention Coordinator and CSN team.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Health, or related field
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience directly related to the specified responsibilities
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Health, or related field
- Prior experience working as a victim advocate or working in a survivor-centered, trauma informed service provider agency;
- Expertise in gender-based violence programming;
- Experience working with marginalized populations;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legal and federal requirements for referral procedures for reporting violence;
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to work under highly stressful, crisis-oriented situations;
- Skill in training, collaborating, leading, organizing, advising, planning, and working independently;
- Knowledge in systems of oppression, socio-ecological model of prevention, intersectionality; SEL model
- Ability to incorporate and recognize the need for inclusive, diverse, and equitable services for vulnerable groups;